I've used MS word pretty actively since high school which is when I really started to write papers and have any reason to use it. Anything before high school never really requires you to have to use Microsoft word. Especially in middle school, if you did have to actually write a paper or something like that, it was always on paper for me at least. In terms of teachers, I've never really seen many teachers heavily use them. I feel like they don't have much of a reason to however I could be wrong. Maybe when handing out paper assignments or announcements that they created.


Freshman year, I got pressured into letting a friend of mine replicate a CGS assignment that I did. He was in the same class just another time as mine so we figured it wouldn't be a big deal. Little did we know we both got in trouble for it for violating the FSU academic honor policy. As a teacher, you want to see different work and see others express themselves as much as possible.


For digital divide, an issue that could be implemented is maximum allowed use to students who don't have access to internet or a computer at home, to use them in school so they can get familiar with new programs and technologies beneficial to their future. The problem with copyright in schools isn't as much as an issue as it was years ago. In a Mass Media law class I took here at FSU, I learned that most pieces of work can't be copyrighted if it is being used for education. For Cyberbullying in schools, no parent, student or teacher would wanna go through that. My solution would be to try and get as many students interacting with one another and doing group activities as much as possible. I feel like that could prevent a lot of it.

Comments

  1. Copyright is more than plagiarism. It is about fair use of other people's intellectual property. Plagiarism is the red line but there is also a gray area that is surely not plagiarism but might be using IP without giving property credit. It is all about respecting other people's work and effort. Therefore, academic honesty is not only about originality.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #6