What influences teachers and students to use technology in classrooms these days is that only are we in an era where almost everything you do has to do with some sort of technology, whether it is calling an uber to work or class, logging into your canvas for school, purchasing things on amazon, etc. Also, it is a lot easier to navigate and want to learn things if it is through technology and not some old fashion way.

I am a big advocate for the designer standard. I've always been really into media, video editing, picture editing and everything that has to do with photoshop and 3d. Using digital tools is a great way to learn how to excel in todays technology. I think that in the next 15/20 years, pretty much almost everything will be digitally designed and needed to use.

The collaborator seems to be a bit outside of my skill set for the reason that I like working more by myself than I do with others. Working with others stresses me out and makes me think that one person is doing more work than others.

A digital native to me is someone who is specifically reliant on technology. Which I would say todays youth ( ages 13-30 ) are very reliant on. So yes, I agree. The differences I've seen between myself and my teachers, is that I've had a few teachers in the passed, one in specifically that didn't use canvas at all. Every assignment was due and handed back in class. If you wanted to know your grade you had to calculate it yourself. And the reason for it was because he wasn't too familiar with how to use canvas. I'm sure the future students from now will know how to use certain devices and programs that I will need to later figure out how to use. Similar to todays learning.

Comments

  1. In fact a lot of people prefer working alone to collaboration because it just takes a lot of effort to communicate. However, if you are working on a very big project, you have to rely on other people's expertise and effort. Once you figure out the way of communication and management, collaboration is just a enjoyable experience. Don't forget, technologies can help a lot on these.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #6